Marketing is an important part of any business and should be done with careful planning so that you get the desired response from the targeted customers. Both direct and indirect marketing strategies should be devised to boost lead conversions and sales. Thanks to the advent of the Internet and technology, direct marketing has evolved from what it was in the past. People no longer associate it with junk emails and cold calling anymore. In fact, they are more receptive to it and expect great deals to come their way from your end via social media platforms, emails, and display ads on the Internet.
Daniel Klibanoff – A widely-respected name in direct marketing
Serial entrepreneur Daniel Klibanoff from Asheville, North Carolina, USA, is an experienced and widely respected specialist in direct marketing strategies. In 1982, he started his own data company with $500 only, and over the years, it grew into a well-established name generating several million dollars as revenue. For the last 38 years, he has owned several large data companies, and all of them have expanded to become successful names in the region. Currently, he is the CEO and President of Multimedia Lists Inc, – a reputed name in the region’s data solutions field.
Increasing lead conversions for your website
Your business website is your company’s biggest marketing tool. However, when it comes to optimizing it, many organizations fail at converting site visitors into customers. Only a few businesses are able to get the website basics right to convert leads into sales. According to him, you should keep in mind the following points to boost lead conversions for your website-
- Remove major distractions- Distractions can reduce conversion rates, so evaluate your website and remove all the key distractions like sidebars, pop-ups, and other elements.
- The checkout process should be easy- Your site should be user-friendly, and the visitor should face no problems with its navigation. Ensure the product links are not broken, and the check-out process for lead conversions should be clear and fast.
- Testing and experimenting- Lead optimization is a continuous process, so do not be afraid to test and experiment with different tactics. See what works for you, and explore options for your site.
- Social proof- Customer testimonials and other social media proof go the extra mile in lead conversions. Product reviews and any awards your business may have won should be displayed on your site.
- Creating an immediate need- You can increase lead conversions on your site by offering potential customers discounts for a limited period or telling them that the products are soon to run out due to their high demand in the market. This act will invoke urgency in the customer, and the lead conversions will be faster.
According to Daniel Klibanoff, keeping the above factors in mind will help you increase lead conversions for any product or service faster. Last but not least, evaluate the performance of every direct marketing campaign, and make changes as and when needed!