Street photography is an excellent way for you to practice your skills. Though this genre of photography is not as famous as portrait or nature photography, it is a fantastic form of art to practice and share with the rest of the world. Through it, you can express style and individuality with equal élan. However, if you are a beginner in street photography, you should get educated and follow the tips of skilled professionals with experience in taking stunning photographs.
Ashwin Khubchandani- expert tips on street photography
- Ashwin Khubchandani is an esteemed and talented travel photographer toured more than 60 nations. Currently, he is in Hong Kong, occupied with a project in urban photography. He considers himself to be a fortunate person who has been able to turn their passion into a full-time career.
According to him, when it comes to street photography, they should keep the following tips in mind-
- Select the proper photography gear: Know the type of camera that works well for the street photography you take. There are street photographers who are creative and take amazing photographs of art with just the smartphones they use.
He believes that you do not have to have an expensive camera for the task to be a great photographer. If you wish to use a good camera for your photographs, you should be adept with its settings so that when you are capturing a subject on the street, you do not waste time fumbling with your camera. In short, even a simple camera will help you take beautiful photographs.
- Avoid shyness while taking pictures: It is often daunting for a beginner in street photography to point their camera in the direction of many people and traffic. However, one should be confident and not afraid to capture the subjects they want when it comes to street photographs. The best photos are candid shots of individuals on the road. Before you take pictures of them, seek permission first and tell them how you wish to take their vision so that they are prepared.
- Be patient: Even with street photography, the best shots always take time. Being patient helps you take the photos you wish to capture through your lens. Some of these shoots take time, as you need to observe your surroundings first.
- Practice makes you perfect– Skills will also be cultivated via approach. You should not be afraid to go outside and take photographs as much as possible. In the beginning, these photographs might not be perfect. However, they do get better with time.
According to Ashwin Khubchandani, keeping these four tips in mind helps you improve your street photography skills. There is a difference between street photography and travel photography. The latter deals more with tourist spots while the former deals with the region’s locals you visit more. With the help of street photography, you can know the culture of any nation more profoundly, making the whole experience inspiring and exciting at the same time.